1. Growing up, were you close to your grandparents? Tell us one or two specific things you remember about them. I was close to my grandmothers more than my grandfathers. My mom was one of 12 kids so there were a lot of us grandkids running around. I think there were 33 (?) grandkids. My grandma always made us feel special though. I went to visit my grandma before she passed of Alzheimer's and I was prepared for her to not know who I was. I walked up to her bed and I greeted her and asked her if she knew who I was. She looked me and said, "Yes, I know who you are. How could I ever forget you?" She proceeded to tell me who I was and different things about me. I forgot about that day until I started to type this. Now I have tears streaming down my face so hard I can hardly see to type!
On my dad's side; I never knew my biological grandfather as he passed several years before I was born. I was close to my grandmother though. She had Parkinson's disease and I helped my dad and uncle take care of her until she was too sick for us to take care of at home. I spent a lot of my growing up years with her and my grandpa (her second husband). I can remember one time when he took me fishing and I caught a brook trout and thought that it was the biggest fish of my life! I don't think he got much fishing done that day!
2. What's an item you were attached to as a child? What happened to it? I don't think I was ever attached to any particular item. I had several dolls that I played with though. I kept those dolls and thought that Madi would like them when she was little...nope! She wasn't into my old dolls so they are currently in storage! :-)
3. When you look out your window, do you see the forest or the trees (literally and figuratively)? Explain. I see a forest and trees!!! I try to see the whole picture in things and I also know that in every situation there is two sides and the truth. :-) I also like to look for the light at the end of the tunnel!
4. Do you like sour candies? Which of the 'sour' foods listed below would you say is your favorite?
grapefruit, Greek yogurt, tart cherries, lemons, limes, sauerkraut, buttermilk, or kumquats
Have you ever eaten a kumquat? What's your favorite dish containing one of the sour foods on the list? I do not like sour candies!!! Of the foods listed I will say lemons. I really like a slice of lemon in my water. I have tried kumquats before and I can't say that I particularly liked them.
5. July 1st marked the mid point of 2017. In fifteen words or less, tell us how it's going so far. It has been a rollercoaster ride but I love it!
6. Insert your own random thought here. My mom came over to visit yesterday afternoon and we flipped through some old photo albums I have. I am so happy that I have those photos and not just pictures on a computer. It has encouraged me to print off more and fill some more albums! I am so excited to print more photos. Am I the only one who likes to look at actual photos instead of digital ones?