1. What's left to be done on your Christmas to-do list? EVERYTHING!! I haven't even started to shop! Ok, well I did order one thing from Amazon but it is materials for something that I still have to make. We will be going shopping on Friday to take care of the gifts. Oh and by the way for those who are wondering...this doesn't stress me out at all...Jeremiah yeah a little, me- not so much. It will get done, sometime! One year (many years ago) Jerm and I did ALL our shopping on Christmas Eve.
2. The Hodgepodge lands on the first day of winter this year. What's your favorite thing about winter? I like the beginning of winter. It's the end of winter that gets me...It is just too long and cold! :-) But for my favorite part, it has to be those first couple snows. I love when we get a big snowstorm and it coats everything in a dazzling white!
3. In what area of your life are you immature? Feel free to elaborate or not. This is hard.... I will say...parenting.... I don't know if I will ever get it together in this department but I am trying! Lord willing, I will keep trying!
4. What was the most (or one of the most) important lessons you learned in 2016? It has to be to savor each moment we have together.
5. It's Fried Shrimp Day...are you a fan? What's your favorite way to eat shrimp? Will there be shrimp somewhere in your holiday feastings? SHRIMP!!! YUCK!!! I do not like ANY seafood.... Shrimp may be part of our holiday feastings because Ryder LOVES shrimp. We usually get one or two shrimp rings for an appetizer for the Christmas Eve dinner that we host.
6. What sound lulls you to sleep? A fan. All of us are lulled to sleep by a fan. Our first home was right by a busy road. Lots of noisy vehicles going up and down the road. It would wake up the kids when they were babies. We had found that running the humidifier helped all of us to sleep better. Summer arrived and the hum then came in the form of the fan. No going back now! :-)
7. What one word best describes your 2016? Blessed
8. Insert your own random thought here. For the past several years we have exchanged home made gifts with Jeremiah's family. One gift per couple. (The kids are the exception, they still get gifts) This year we decided to change up the gift to have a family experience. So as of now, we have decided to go snow tubing at a local ski resort in January.