Saturday, December 10, 2016

Homeschool Program!

   Last night we held our annual Christmas program for our homeschool group. It is always so much fun.  It is our own version of a talent show, if you want to call it that.  We have kids who play instruments, sing beautifully, dance, do stand up comedy, drama, art work, etc. 

  I am always impressed by our kids.  Last nights show was did not disappoint.  Ryder helped the younger kids with a song they sang about patience.  Madilynne was in a drama, played  Carol of the Bells on kazoo with 7 other teens, and sang and played guitar for Mary Did You Know? Ryder isn't one to be on stage.  He prefers behind the scenes type activities or black light puppetry where he isn't seen.  Madi on the other hand, LOVES front and center stage.  My job was to run the lights for the drama. 

   The fun continues after the program as we enjoy snacks and a time of fellowship.  I like to visit with everyone and we usually have some folks visit who once attended our group or friends and family that come to see the kids.  I have made so many dear friends throughout the years because of our group. 

   The only drawback to these evenings....CLEAN UP!  Oh how I dread clean up.  We need to vacuum the entire church, clean up the kitchen and put all the tables back and reset the classrooms, red up the bathrooms and turn the lights off.  Many hands make light work but it is still work.  As is the norm for us, we were in the pack of the usual three to four families to leave. We were able to get out a bit earlier than normal though... 10:30 pm.   In the past it has been 11-11:30 pm. I am used to it though. We have been part of the clean up for many, many years.  My kids know that we will in the crew that locks the doors!  Now that I think about it, we are also there to open the doors!  LOL

   I don't mind really as these clean up times also have good memories in them for Jeremiah, me and both kids.  I can't tell you have many years Jerm and another one of the dads have run the vacuums so the moms can clean other areas.  The teens are a huge help in putting away tables and resetting the classroom areas. 

   It is a fun evening but I am glad it is over.  We will repeat everything again in the Spring! I will dread the clean up but do it anyhow!  As my kids are getting older I don't have many more of these functions to look forward to but I plan on savoring each and every one! 

3 comments:

  1. Clean up is always a grind, especially when you are tired from the event and having had to do the set-up too. Nice to have lots of help, though. I'm sure it is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can just imagine Carol of the Bells on kazoo. Wonderful that you have a great homeschool group. This really makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can just imagine Carol of the Bells on kazoo. Wonderful that you have a great homeschool group. This really makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts!