Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 
 

1. June 23rd is National Pink Day. What's your favorite something pink?
We have a rose bush across from our house.  My grandma planted it there years ago.  It blooms every year and the best part is: I don't have to do anything to it!  It just always looks beautiful- every year!


 2. What did you enjoy most about gym class when you were in school? How about the least?
I liked gym class in school.  I can't say what I liked best though.  I had a really nice teacher who gave me my nickname that I use on this blog...Sunny.  He said I was always a happy kid in class; like a ray of sunshine.  I attended a really small school and all of the teachers invested positively in our lives or at least they tried really hard to be good role models. We had two gym teachers and it was great because we played a lot of games of girls vs. boys (student choice) and with two teachers one male, one female; we had a great time!  I didn't really like school but I do have positive memories about gym. 
What I liked least....being sweaty for the next class!  



 3. What memory is brought to mind by the smell of roses?

My grandma! She had a facial oil that she would use at night and it was rose scented.  She was also the grandma that planted the rose across from the house.  She grew many different roses here on the farm.

 4. Do you prefer to read or write?

Well as you can tell by the posts that have been written lately...I prefer to read! 

 5. Sam Keen is quoted as saying, 'Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.' Would you agree? Is laziness ever respectable? How will you be lazy this summer?

Laziness is one of those things that I just am not sure if someone is lazy or just overwhelmed and doesn't know where to start.  I have felt overwhelmed on where to start a project or something but I don't feel that I was lazy about it. You also have to look at medical/health factors in deciding if laziness is involved or not.  I am not quite sure how to answer this question because what is "in my head/heart" doesn't seem to come through clearly from the keypad.  That stated true laziness is not respectable!

 6. The Florida Keys, Disney World, or a resort somewhere on the Gulf Coast...which Florida destination would you choose (and why) if the trip were today?

Gulf Coast! It wouldn't be a resort though, my brother lives on the Gulf and I would go there without question!

 7. What question do you hate to answer?

Why do you homeschool? 

 8.  Insert your own random thought here.



This is the rose I have been mentioning here. Such a lovely shade of pink! The rain has been really hard on the petals and this was the best picture I could get today!

5 comments:

  1. What sweet memories you have of your gym teacher! I'm a teacher, so I fully appreciate when a fellow professional makes a lasting impression on a person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful roses! I'm hoping to have some in the new yard. We're a long way from landscaping though : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to find someone who enjoyed gym class and the roses are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those roses are so pretty! Such a professional picture.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts!