1. I read here four creative activities to try this month. They were-calligraphy, make your own cookbook, dance or learn a new type of dance, and letter writing. Which activity on the list appeals to you most? Will you add it to your August? At this moment in time, I choose letter writing, but calligraphy sounds like it could be fun. I have no desire to learn a new dance or dance (it's just too hot) and as much as I like to cook, I wouldn't have a very full cookbook.
2. Bertrand Russell is quoted as saying, 'To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.' Agree or disagree? Explain. I both agree and disagree on this statement. I agree with it from the viewpoint of: I want a new cell phone, computer, iPad, TV, car, etc. You can find happiness with out those "things". However, to those who are longing for a baby/child or a spouse; I think you may have a hole in your heart that will complete your happiness when you have a child or find your spouse. It's not that you can't be happy, it's that your happiness hasn't come full circle. Above all, I feel that without God in your life, you will never achieve full happiness. Period.
3. August 17th is National Thriftshop Day...are you a 'thrifter'? If so, tell us about one of your best or favorite finds. I am not a thrifter. I wish I could say that I am but I am not.
4. On a scale of 1-10 (with 1= almost none and 10=loads) how would you rate your sense of wanderlust? What kicks your wanderlust into high gear? I am a 3 maybe. I have several places that I want to visit but I do not care much for the traveling part of getting to the destination. I am excited when Jeremiah is able to go along with us so he does a lot of the driving but overall I am not much into travel.
5. Has life felt more like a marathon or sprint so far this month? How so? Marathon. Our garden is producing amazing food for us this year. I have been canning a lot of our veggies and it isn't done yet. I am so happy to fill my basement shelves with food to feed our family for the coming year!
6. What do you need to get a jump on before fall officially arrives? We need to get wood in for winter. Usually at some point in late September we will need some heat. We need to get our chimney ready and wood cut and stacked. Jeremiah and Ryder handle all the wood cutting and Madilynne and I help with loading, unloading and stacking. I am not a good stacker so I am usually the one handing the wood over to Jeremiah or Ryder to stack.
7. What's the last thing you did with friends or family where you lost track of time? Visiting!! I get so caught up talking and catching up with friends and family that I loose track of time! Happens quite frequently in my life. I enjoy a good visit!
8. Insert your own random thought here. I am getting ready to pick and process more green beans. I switched to canning them in pints this year. Our family likes green beans but for some reason we just don't eat a full quart. I always seem to have leftover green beans and no one wants to eat the last bit. I figure if we need more I can open two jars. Madi opened a jar up last week and ate the whole thing herself- straight from the jar. She said that a quart jar is just too much commitment!!