Thursday, April 6, 2017

From My Front Porch

  I missed last months From My Front Porch but really it wasn't much to miss.  Everything has been dreary and gloomy so those pictures wouldn't have been much to look at.  Actually, in the late winter/early spring there isn't much to look at but water, mud and bare trees! 

   So guess what todays pictures consist of- you got it- water, mud and bare trees!  Ok well, you won't see much mud because as I was taking these pictures it was raining pretty good.  You can see the muddy water though! I can see some buds starting to come onto several of the trees. 

   I love spring!  The temperatures are starting to come back up and new life is starting on the farm.  My dad is getting ready to raise some chickens, turkeys and pigs.  He has the new pens and hutches built so next comes the animals!  I am not sure when the cows are coming back this spring but when they arrive I will get some new pictures posted.

  
In this picture you can see the water flowing along the road and running across the driveway.  There is too much water for the ditch to handle!


Ryder decided to drag the basketball hoop down to the driveway for spring.  He has some repairs that he wants to do to it.  Last fall a pop up storm came through and blew it over.  It roughed it up a bit but nothing he can't fix.  However, he did announce that we would need a new basketball... Ours was looking pretty bad last year so I guess it's time for a new one. In this photo you can see the water running through the yard in the tracks from the golf cart and the 4-wheeler.

 
   The grass is really getting green.  Ryder said it will be soon time to mow it!   :-)  

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoying sitting on the front porch. The smell and sound of rain is amazing. Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my mind, rain is better than snow, but neither one is pretty when it starts getting muddy and yucky. Stay dry!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts!