Monday, April 20, 2015

Strawberry Shortcake

  

One of my favorite Spring/Summer treats is strawberry shortcake. Saturday while Madilynne and I were grocery shopping we found two containers of fresh organic strawberries. They were really ripe but I knew we could use them quickly.  At the next store, I picked up some dessert shells since we wouldn't have time to make pound cake.  I already had some whipped topping so we were set! I washed and sliced the berries and sprinkled them with some sugar. I placed them in the fridge to get nice and juicy!  


   After church on Sunday, Jeremiah wanted to grill so we had steak and brats, cole slaw and French fries. Quick and easy but so filling!  We decided to wait and enjoy the shortcakes while playing Uno later in the afternoon. It was worth the wait!  We all enjoyed the sweet treats.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts!