1. On Saturday July 4th America celebrates her Independence. (If you're not American, feel free to answer in terms of a national holiday in your own country) What is your favorite thing about the day? Your favorite food on the 4th? Do you fly a flag at your house? Fireworks-yay or nay? Any special plans this year?
My in-laws always have a picnic on the 4th. We will be going to visit family, friends and neighbors and eating, A LOT! Food is always plentiful. My favorite, well, I honestly can't say that I have a favorite. I like so many of them that it would just be sad to pick one. We have flown a flag at our house many years. My last flag was falling apart so we took it down and I just never replaced it. I have done flags and porch banners with a flag motif on them. Definitely flag friendly here. I do purchase flags to place in our family cemetery each year. My family history shows that we have had a family member serve in every war (except the Korean War) since the Revolutionary War. YAY! for fireworks. Our family loves fireworks, the more the better! We try to attend several displays each year.
2. What's something you recently got for free?
A kitchen fan. Jeremiah recently received a fan that was in great shape. My kitchen isn't gold so we painted the gold metal a pretty silver and now we have a great fan/light combo in our kitchen!
3. The Statue of Liberty, The Liberty Bell, The Washington Monument, or Mount Rushmore...how many on the list have you seen? What is your favorite historical American monument, and why?
I have only see the Washington Monument. Jeremiah has also seen the Statue of Liberty and the Liberty Bell. I don't have a favorite, never really thought about that much.
4. When it comes to the news are you more ostrich (stick my head in the sand) or hog (they have room to take a whole lot in)? How much attention have you given the recent news reports regarding ISIS and the acts of terror they've perpetrated against those who do not share their beliefs or support their cause?
Well I certainly don't stick my head in the sand but I really don't want to side with a hog.... I follow the news because I feel that I need to know what is going on in the world. I have followed some of the ISIS stuff but not real close.
5. We're talking plain ice cream...vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry? Choose one.
Vanilla, if I have to eat ice cream. It's not a favorite thing for me to eat. We go get ice cream at a local ice cream stand and I usually do not get any to eat.
6. Share a song you love containing the word 'stars' in the lyrics or title?
Keeper of the Stars by Tracy Byrd. This was a song that we had at our wedding.
7. Describe and/or say goodbye to June with an acrostic.
July has arrived
Under a canopy for a picnic this weekend
Never ending work
Explosion of laundry from being outside
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have just discovered that at this moment I am really not a fan of acrostics!!! My brain isn't wired to enjoy that!