Wednesday, July 22, 2015
1. Is your home air conditioned? If it's not air conditioned, is that by choice? Did you grow up with air conditioning? If not how did you cope with the heat? Share about a time or place you remember as being too hot-the temperature kind of hot, lest anyone be confused.
We have two window air conditioners (a/c). We run them when necessary. I don't do well under hazy, hot and humid conditions. The a/c won't be on today as the weather will be beautiful and all the windows and screen doors will be open! I didn't grow up with air conditioning. We had beautiful maple and pine trees around our house and it helped to keep it cool. My mom still lives there and she doesn't have to run her a/c very often.
Several years ago we went to an amusement park. It was SO hot there- over 90*!! It wasn't pleasant at all.
2. What's something in your life right now that falls under the heading 'up in the air'?
Our menu planning! I have been slacking in that department!
3. Your favorite light and airy dessert?
4. When did you last feel like you were 'floating on air'?
My dear husband gave me a really good back massage over the weekend. My back muscles were so sore but he was able to get some of the knots out of them. It was so relaxing. I was either floating or air or melting like butter.
5. Airport, airmail, airtight, airhead...which have you most recently encountered? Explain.
Airhead... I have rewritten this several times but I don't want to publically embarrass anyone so I will leave it at that.
6. Have you ever been to the Alps? If so where did you go? If not, is this a destination on your must-see list? If you were headed that direction this summer, which of the following would be your preferred activity...a gentle walk, a serious walk, a bike ride, a boat ride around one of the lakes, or summer snow skiing?
I have not been to the Alps and have no desire to go there. If I did go, I think I would chose either the gentle walk or a boat ride. I would enjoy both.
7. What is one saying or phrase that was considered 'cool' when you were growing up?
Cowabunga Dude! From the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We have been having a very busy week-busy but fun. We were working around the house cleaning and such so we could have the next several days free to visit with several, different close friends. I love visits with them because we always have such a good time. Good friends are a true gem and I hope all of you have several friends and families like we do.