Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Enjoying Life

To say that it has been awhile since I posted would be an understatement!   I think it was Feb. 17 when I last appeared on here.  I have been preoccupied with living life.  It has been a busy season for our family.  Lots of visitors and running here and there but all has been well! 

I will admit that another reason I haven't been online much is Jeremiah gave me a new Kindle.  Our old Kindle was shared between Madilynne and myself and it stopped working.  I didn't stop reading, I just went back to reading actual books.  Yes, they do still make actual books and I can go to this nice building and borrow them!  It says "Public Library" on the sign outside! :) Madilynne loves the smell of new books.  She will flip the pages and breathe deep! 

I have found that it is harder to read in bed before going to sleep when reading an actual book.  It requires light and I was using a small flashlight that wouldn't disturb Jeremiah too much.  The new Kindle has a black background option so all is much better at night.  I also like that I can just push a button and shut it off and it will keep my place.  Another thing I enjoy the dictionary feature.  I just touch the word that I am not familiar with or want to know what the actual definition is and it will pop up.

There are downsides to reading on the Kindle.  It has to be charged up occasionally and I am not a fan of buying many books so I just usually download the free books.  Many are good but I think some of them are self-published or something and they didn't take the time to proofread.  I don't enjoy reading a book and feel like I need to draw a red line at all the mistakes! For the record...I don't think this blog is perfect either! I know there are going to be mistakes, but you dear reader are not required to pay anything to read my mistakes and ramblings and it won't cover 100's of pages!  HAHA!

A book that I just finished reading was co-written by a well known historical fiction author and was well written.  I enjoyed the book a lot, however, I do not like to read a book that leaves me hanging with what happens to the characters. I understand that authors need to sell books to make money, I get it but honestly, I just read 336 pages for you to leave me hanging on what happens next.  No closure at all and I don't wish to spend $14.99 to find out in the next book because it is a series of like 3 or 4 books.  It probably won't tell me anything until I get to the last book and I am out $44.97! I just don't care enough. 

I don't know how my ramblings ended up with a whole post on my thoughts about my Kindle but it did! ;)  I was just going to touch base with a post on enjoying life and not worrying about posting.  I do have some other posts bopping around in my head so I hope to post more soon! 

Blessings to you and go enjoy living life!

1 comment:

  1. I like to have at least partial closure on every book I read, and enough love for the characters that I want to see what happens next in their life.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts!