Saturday, July 9, 2016

Trust

   As I sit here typing this the skies are trying to shine bright.  The clouds keep coming in to cast shadows on the ground.  I don't realize how sneaky those clouds are until the house fills with bright sunlight and I see the sun's full potential lighting up the room. 

   I was trying to decide what to write about today.  It has been a few days since I posted and while I have lots that I want to write about, I just haven't had much time to sit and type it out.  One thing that stands out the most is about a innocent exchange between a dad and his little 4 year old son....

   One evening several weeks ago we met with some friends and family to swim in my in-law's pool.  The kids were having fun as usual and Ryder was jumping-not diving- into the pool from the deck.  The little four year old wanted to jump in also and while he is wearing his floaties he's a bit intimidated by the thought of jumping in. 

   He takes timid steps to the edge and looks to his dad to catch him but he still has that "scared to death" look on his face but the will inside that he really wants to jump like the "big boys".  He jumps in and his dad catches him immediately.  His face doesn't even go under the water.  They repeat this action several more times and then he wants to go under the water. 

   He hasn't put his head under the water once since they got in the pool. 

   He goes for it...he takes off the floaties and stands at the edge.  He looks full into his daddy's face and says that he can't do it, he's scared.  Understanding his fears, his dad says back, "Trust me.  I got you."  He immediately jumps in and sinks his whole body under the water!   His daddy's protective arms are around him the whole time he is in the water.  He pops up out of the water, fear is gone, and excitement takes over.  "Again! Again!" he yells.  He keeps jumping into the water over and over knowing his dad has him each time. 

   I was watching this play out and cheered for him every time he made a leap of faith and came to realize that this situation can be applied to my own life. 

   How many times has God said to me, "Trust me. I got you." and I stand at the edge and say that I'm scared.  I think back through the years at times when He had me. 

When I graduated from high school
My first day of college
 My first day at a new job
 Walking down the isle on my wedding day(thrilled and excited but scared)
 Signing the loan papers for our first home
 Announcing that we were expecting our first baby
 Bringing that baby home from the hospital
Deciding to homeschool
 
"Trust me. I got you."
 
   The list could go on and on. I need to remember that God has my back. He will never leave me; especially in my time of need.  I hope this post will encourage you on your walk today and that it will cheer you on to continue your journey.  Have a blessed day!
 
 
 
  

1 comment:

  1. What an excellent reminder!! He does have us!! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts!