Wednesday, February 1, 2017
1. Can you believe it's the end of January? What was the best day of January 2017 for you, and why? I can't state an actual day of January but the end of January has definitely been better since I have figured out what I can eat and what I can't. Staying clear of wheat and gluten has been a major plus for me.
2. What sounds make up the background noise in your life? At the moment the fan from the furnace is blowing, the radio is on in the kitchen, the dishwasher is making a quiet hum and Ryder has the TV on for some history lessons.
3. I read on the Power of Positivity website a list of ten things to drop from your life right now. They are-
anger outbursts, people who put you down, regret, negative self talk, being a people pleaser, the notion you need to be perfect, the past (but keep the lessons learned!), gossip and judgment, comparing yourself to others, and the word hate (focus on what you love instead)
Which thing on the list do you most need to drop? Are you trying or will you try? I have dropped a lot of these from my life several years back. I'm still prone to anger though. That one is hard to keep in check for me. I recently started to have some negative self talk though. In the last year, I have been struggling with negative thoughts with my body image. No I am not a youngster- I am in my early 40's. Jeremiah has been very supportive of me and has been excellent at counter-acting my negative thoughts. He doesn't see me the way I do. I never cared about body image before but for some reason the last year or so has been hard for me. I am not the skinny-minny of my youth and maybe that is catching up with me. I know that I have a husband who loves me for me and not for what I think I should be. I am getting better with the negative thinking and I owe a lot of that to Jerm. I can only pray that other folks have someone in their lives who loves them through the negative.
4. What is sacred to you? I guess there are different ways of looking at the word sacred so I am just going to go with my first thought. My marriage and family is sacred to me. I can't imagine not having them. I also keep my faith and belief in God on the sacred list.
5. January is National Oatmeal month. Are you a fan, and if so how do you like it? I do like some oatmeal. I make oatmeal with butter, brown sugar and a little vanilla. That's the way the kids like it too. You can make oatmeal taste good and not like wallpaper paste.
6. What feelings does twilight stir up in you? I do not have any particular feeling stir at twilight. Sorry but I don't have an answer for this question...
7. Something you're looking forward to next month? My birthday is in February along with my mama's. My little nephew's birthday is two days after mine. He is the sweetest little guy ever! We will celebrate his 1st birthday on my 42nd birthday! I am 41 years and 2 days older than him. :-) I am so excited! He is my only nephew so he is pretty special around here.
8. Insert your own random thought here. We have been getting some snow around here lately. I plan to do a separate post sometime soon with some pictures that I have been taking. This photo is the Pine Tree Forest. Madi gave me her phone to shoot a few pictures of the snow while she was driving. I ended up taking about 500 photos. She went through them and narrowed them down to 25! Only 25! ;-) It was a very overcast morning so it was hard to get decent pictures.