Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge

I haven't posted for a bit so I decided to answer some questions for the Hodgepodge! Hope you enjoy reading today.


 1. When and where were the best fireworks you've ever seen? Speaking of fireworks...do you know your hot buttons? The things people can say and/or do to set you off? When was the last time someone pushed one of your hot buttons?  Many years ago we attended a fireworks display that was set a record for the most fireworks set off within a specific time. I can't remember many of the details anymore but it was fabulous! 
My hot buttons: my family can tell you very simply...when I am hot and/or hungry.  People don't do much that make me angry except the things that would make anyone upset like child abuse/neglect.  I have come to the realization that a lot of people are quite honestly stupid and are lacking a severe amount of commonsense. Ok, I guess that is a hot button too! HaHa!

 2. Have you hosted any outdoor summer parties this year? Attended any? What makes for a great outdoor party?  I haven't attended any parties.  Would picnics count?  I have been to several picnics so far.  We have done several campfires also.  For us a campfire is family sitting around a big fire pit roasting marshmallows, hotdogs, making mountain pies and S'mores.  In our family a great party has to have FOOD and lots of it! :-)

3. What does freedom mean to you?  I come from a long line of veterans.  Freedom wasn't free.  Someone paid with their life, blood, sweat and tears for us to be free. Families were affected when that loved one was taken from them for our freedom. We are free to worship as we want, vote in politics like we want and make decisions for our families as we want like whether to homeschool/private/Christian/public educate our children.  We are free to think and act upon our thoughts as we want. We are able to post blogs that have our views expressed pretty freely also...even if they are written with out any commonsense! ;-)  I guess that is a bit along side my answer to number 1.  I also feel that folks need to realize there are two sides to every story.  Pros and cons to every hot button issue out there and we have the freedoms to express those due to our veterans ensuring our freedoms.

4. July is National Cell Phone Courtesy month...what annoys you most about people's cell phone habits?  What annoys me the most about cell phones is that people talk way to loudly into them.  I don't feel that I need to hear your conversations so use your inside voice on the phone; even if you are outside.

5. What's your current summer anthem?  I don't have one.  I don't think I have ever had an anthem.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.
  I am trying to enjoy summer to its fullest this year.  Usually I am ready for summer to turn into fall but this year has been so different.  I am just loving summer.  I am not ready to turn in the sandals for boots anytime soon!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, when I am hungry, people better watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are enjoying the summer!! Good Hodgepodge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts!