Thursday, September 28, 2017

Pumpkin?? Fall Only??

   Are you a person who only craves pumpkin in the Fall?  I enjoy pumpkin all year long. I have a pumpkin sheet cake recipe that is so good you have to eat it whenever you want, no matter what season it is!  I understand the whole eat in season thing but I don't care when there is canned pumpkin on the shelf!

   Jeremiah requested pumpkin gobs back in the middle of summer.  I made two batches of those gobs!  They ate it them so quick that I only got two out of both batches.  I found that recipe when the kids were little and I wanted a recipe to supplement our Thanksgiving studies.  They were called Pilgrim Pies and I couldn't pass that up. Perfect!


   Since I am a person who can eat pumpkin any time I am all about eating Aldi's Pumpkin Tortilla Chips!  Oh! My! Gosh!  They are so, so good!  I could eat them anytime.  I got this bag two weeks ago and I ate almost every single chip myself!  I don't even feel slightly guilty about eating all of them either. I wish they had them more often than in the Fall but I will get them when I can. 
 


   Do you like these chips?  Have you ever tried them?  I hope I'm not the only one. 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. We enjoy pumpkin year round, as in pumpkin pie, cookies, and other pumpkin-y desserts we bake at home.

    I don't particularly care for the way pumpkin spice everything seems to take over at stores in the fall. Though I did buy a single pumpkin filled donut at Sheetz the other day for the girls to share since they were all excited about the way pumpkin seems to be taking over the world. One bite was enough for both of them. The pumpkin filling reminded them of silly putty. I'm trying to decide if that should concern me. I had no idea they even knew how silly putty tasted.

    I have never tried those chips, but since we're going to Aldi tonight I'll have to see if I can find some. I'll let you know what I thought of them later. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hunted all through our Aldi chip and snack section and they didn't have any. :(

      Delete
  2. Oh my. I just did a FB post asking if I was the only person who can't stand pumpkin things. I have one piece of pie on Thanksgiving day and I will make two loaves of my mom's recipe for pumpkin bread. That's it. Pumpkin anything else won't find it's way into our house. Sorry!! I wasn't alone in my aversion, but there are just as many who love it.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts!