Monday, May 9, 2016

Catching a Breath!

   After a whirlwind week, I am happy to catch my breath today.  I was able to stay home all day and not have any running to do.  I enjoy days when I can just be home and not have places to be at a certain time.  Do you enjoy those kind of days too?

   Our homeschool group has finished for the year. We had a Variety Show to celebrate.  This showcases our kids talents.  I am an advisor for a group of kids who enjoy doing black light. We put many hours into an 18 minute program! If you aren't familiar with black light there are many videos on YouTube, just type in black light and you will see some examples of what we do.  This is probably our 5th or 6th year of doing it but I honestly can't remember when we started.

   Saturday we celebrated Madilynne's birthday.  It was a lovely party and I had a hard time holding back tears as I held my 2 1/2 month old nephew while watching her open gifts.  It doesn't seem that long ago I was holding her at that age. I wonder where all the time went?

   I remember my grandma telling me that the days flew by.  She would chuckle and say how when your a child the days are so long, as teens they go by quicker but then when you become an adult the day just seems to fly.  I used to joke with her and ask if it felt like she just got out of bed to go right back to bed since she was in her 70's!

   The lilac bush is blooming beautifully.  I picked a small bouquet to bring into the house.  I put them in the living room and the whole room smells wonderful.  Lilacs are one of my most favorite flowers.  I wish they bloomed longer!  I made a bouquet to give to my mom for Mother's Day.  Her bush has been crowed out by trees and doesn't give many blossoms anymore.

   The cows have returned.  I don't have a picture to share yet.  It hasn't been very nice weather and I really didn't want to go out in rainy, cool weather to get one.  I think there are 18 cows here at the moment.  My dad said he believes more are coming at a later date.

   Well that is what's been happening around here lately.  Hope all has been well in your area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts!