Wednesday, October 19, 2016
1. What would you say is your strongest sense? Smell and taste are close for me. Since I have to chose one I will go with smell.
2. Do you believe in the idea of a 'sixth sense'? Why or why not? I do believe in a "sixth sense". I think that we all have one. We get that feeling in our gut and to me that is a sixth sense.
3. When do you most feel like a slave to time? Explain. When I need to get out the door for an appointment or to have one of kids to work. I don't even fret about supper time anymore.... We can eat sandwiches! :-)
4. Have you ever worked in a restaurant? How would you rate the experience? If you could own a restaurant what kind would it be? Yes, I have worked at a restaurant. I somewhat enjoyed that job. I learned a lot about dealing with the public and practicing patience. That job gave me experience for my future jobs as a secretary/receptionist. If I owned a restaurant I would do a down home-styled restaurant. For one, that's the food I know how to cook and I don't like food from packages or the kind that you microwave and eat.
5. Ever traced your family tree? Share something interesting you learned there. I haven't actually traced my family tree but family history is a big deal in my family. Information has been passed through the generations but my brother has traced some of our family history online. An interesting story he found is that one of our "a lot of great's" uncle was close to George Washington during the Revolutionary War. Shortened version:
::George found our uncle to be a close friend
::After the war was over he asked uncle what he could give him for being
loyal to him during the war
::Uncle said that there was a beautiful piece of land that he traveled through
on his way to one of the other forts
::George gifted him the land for his loyalty and service
::My kinfolk have been here since
6. What did your childhood bedroom look like? Exactly the same as now. My mom still lives in my childhood home and nothing has changed really. I had a nice bedroom. It was cold in winter though as there isn't a heat source in there. My old room has sloped ceilings- kinda like an A but had straight walls about 3 feet to the floor. My kids love to go to my old room and hang out when we go to Mom's. We go there frequently as mom only lives a couple miles away.
7. Anyone who knows me knows I love_______________________? TEA!!!!!! :-)
8. Insert your own random thought here. I have finished canning for the season. Madilynne and I canned 15 pounds of carrots yesterday. I will be carrying them to the shelves today and the season is done!