Wednesday, October 7, 2015
1. It's October so let's get this out there first thing...have you jumped on the all-things-pumpkin bandwagon? How so? 1.
No, I have not jumped on that bandwagon. I understand that the pumpkins are ready for harvest this time of the year but since most people don't use fresh pumpkin, they use canned, it doesn't make sense to me. You can buy canned pumpkin all year long. I make pumpkin desserts when the fancy strikes me, not because it's fall. That said, we will be going to my aunt's home for dinner tonight. Guess what they asked me to bring? Yep that's right- a pumpkin sheet cake that I make with cream cheese icing! HAHA!
2. "We have more power than will; and it is often by way of excuse to ourselves that we fancy things are impossible." Francois Duc De la Rochefoucauld
What's something you once thought impossible, but in hindsight see as more a matter of lack of will?
I struggle with keeping a schedule. I am not a schedule-type person so I try to keep a routine going. My problem is I have so many things that I want to do or need to do that IF I don't keep some sort of schedule, nothing happens. It all boils down to willpower for me.
3. The rose is America's National Flower, but every state also has its own (click here to see the list). Are you happy with yours? If you were in charge what would you declare your state's flower? If you're outside the U.S. what bloom would you like to see labeled as your country's national flower?
I am happy with our state's flower. I have no desire to change it. Since you asked what I would declare as a state flower....the daisy. It is just a happy flower!
4. What have you lost interest in recently?
TV. I have never been a real big TV viewer but lately I have found that TV is just plain out boring. There are very few shows that I have found are actually suitable for family viewing and I just don't want to take the time to watch it.
5. In your opinion, who's the best living musician?
I know a man who is probably in his 80's and he is one of the best piano players I have ever heard! His name is Charlie and he played piano at a church I attended. He is fabulous and can tickle the ivories better than some of the most famous people. Added bonus: he is also one of the sweetest, Christian men one could meet.
6. S'mores-love 'em or no? Ever make them indoors? Last time you sat around an outdoor fire? Are making s'mores and sitting round a fire pit on your autumn bucket list? Do you have an autumn bucket list?
I am not a fan of S'mores. We have campfires often and S'mores are usually made. I will occasionally eat one but not often. Indoor S'mores are positively awful after having one made over the campfire. Autumn campfires are not the normal for us. It gets too chilly here in the evenings to sit outside and freeze. I do not have an autumn bucket list. Actually, I do not have any kind of bucket list.
7. Your favorite small town? Why?
I live in the country so small town living is normal. I don't have a favorite small town. Any small town is better than a city, in my opinion.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The leaves are turning to a glorious display of color. My dad says that the leaves are the "flowers of fall". I think he is right.