I come from a family of Veterans. My father, step-father and my brother are the closest relatives to me that have served in my life time. I personally feel that we wouldn't have the freedoms we do if someone didn't fight for us- all of us- no matter where your personal preference stands on fighting.
2. What's your favorite film with a patriotic theme woven into the storyline?
You know, right now, I can't think of any films that I like that have a patriotic theme... sorry. When I read other posts, I'll think, "Oh yeah, I did like that movie, I forgot about it!"
3. Flu shot-yes or no? If you answered no, do you plan to get a flu shot? If not, why not? Have you ever had the flu?
Nope, no flu shots here. I will not get a flu shot or have my children receive them. I have had the flu and survived.
4. I've seen lots of people posting pictures of their Christmas trees up and decorated. Many stores have had Christmas on display since well before Halloween. Red cups are back at Starbucks, sans the holiday decor, and that has some people up in arms. What are your thoughts on all the holiday ruckus this second week of November?
I love it! It doesn't bother me one little bit! I had a Jars of Clay Christmas CD playing today and put it on repeat. I love Christmas music. As for decorating my own home, it depends on the year. One year when the kids were little I put our Christmas tree up before Halloween. The weather had changed and we received a really beautiful snow and we decided to put up the tree! Other years, it has been almost Christmas Day and I haven't gotten to the decorations. The kids have been doing the decorating the last couple years. Ryder and Jeremiah love the tree lit up all evening long- ok maybe Madilynne and I do too! :-)
Since I have never had Starbucks, I don't care about what they have on their cups. It is just going to end up in the trash regardless of what the design is or isn't.
5. What 'critter' are you most afraid of encountering unexpectedly? Why that one?
I am going to have to say a bear. I really don't want to encounter one. We go for walks and we have our fair share of bears here on the mountain. I don't wish to encounter one of them. Second would be a rattlesnake....just thought I would mention that scary little bugger!
6. Do you like building things? What's the last thing you 'built'?
No, I do not like to build things. I can't remember the last thing I ever built...a block tower when the kids were little????
7. In keeping with this month's theme of gratitude...what are you most grateful for that brings beauty to your daily life?
I am thankful that I was able to get a lot of my house cleaned. I have too much clutter and being able to get rid of a lot of it has helped beautify our home. I plan to continue with the cleaning again today.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My mother-in-law has gifted us with quite a few bags of potatoes and onions from her workplace. They need to be used up quickly so I have been making a lot of potato dishes. Yesterday, while listening to Christmas music I was making potato salad. I was thinking how funny it was that I thought the potato salad would be awesome paired with one of Jeremiah's awesome grilled burgers! I have my seasons messed up!