Wednesday, November 4, 2015
1. Besides Thanksgiving, something you're looking forward to on your November calendar?
My mom and I are hosting a baby shower this month for my very first niece/nephew! This new little one will make the third grandbaby for my mom and the first grandbaby for the other Grandma! It has been a very long time since we have had a little one in the family. New babies are wonderful!
2. If I gave you a thank you card right now who would you send it to and why?
My husband, Jeremiah. He works so hard for our family and really does the best he can to give us a wonderful life. His extra effort enables me to stay home to raise our kids and homeschool. I am one very blessed woman!
3. Of the breads listed, which one's your favorite...bagel, cinnamon, sourdough, garlic, banana, biscuit, pita, Naan, or plain old fashioned white bread?
Oh boy this is a very hard one for me!! I will go with plain old fashioned white bread but it is my homemade white bread. It is what I make most often. It is wonderful fresh out of the oven with real butter and some jelly! I also like banana bread. It is a popular bread here too. I make biscuits but not as frequently. Garlic bread is served with Italian foods.
4. What's something you have in abundance? Is that a good thing?
I have an abundance of dirty laundry right now and no it isn't a good thing! I have been working on that today and probably tomorrow also! Yikes....
5. November 5th is National Love Your Red Hair Day. Are there any redheads in your family? Who's your favorite redhead?
Redheads are not in my family. I have natural red highlights in in my hair and at one time I had dyed my hair a lovely shade of auburn. It looked very natural on me. I don't think I have a favorite redhead....
6. The travel website Busbud recently calculated the most Instagrammed spot in every state. Go here to see what made the list where you live. Are you happy with your state's #1? If not what do you think should be the most photographed spot in your state? Have you snapped a photo there? If you live outside the USA answer as it relates to your state, city or province.
The state that the Pine Tree Forest is located in has a good location. I have been to this particular location several times and I have taken photos there. I can not disagree that it isn't worthy to be in the top spot!
7. I'm going to try to have something related to gratitude in this spot each week during the month of November. Here's this week's question-
What's something you've learned about yourself this year that you're grateful for?
I am trying to keep things in perspective more. I used to get worked up about little things. I have been trying to let little things go and pick my battles carefully with my kids. Jeremiah has always been the "fun" parent and I have been trying to be more of a "yes parent". That can be a challenge when you have opinionated teens! Don't misunderstand me, they are awesome kids but they are still teens! :-)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Today has been a wonderful weather day in our Pine Tree Forest. I love having the sun shine. It really makes for motivation when the whole house needs some attention. School is done for the day, so I can focus on cleaning and laundry!