Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!  May you all enjoy a very blessed day! 
 
I love Thanksgiving. It is one of my favorite holidays. I like that it focuses on family and being together. Thanksgiving is food based!  Who doesn't love a holiday centered around food and family?  :-)
 
We spent the day with my extended family on Saturday and today we will spend it with Jeremiah's extended family.  I was very blessed to not have to make any food for my side of the family dinner. My mom took care of almost everything. My uncle, who loves to cook, brought the rest.  Most of us were able to come only bearing desserts and drinks!  How awesome is that?
 
Today I am taking coleslaw and candied carrots.  It is actually pretty easy for me to make these dishes.  Coleslaw is simple.  I get volunteered to bring that to most dinners. I had canned quite a few quarts of carrots in August so I just have to drain those and add melted butter and brown sugar to those.  They are so good.  I usually don't bring many carrots home.
 
Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts!