Friday, January 1, 2016

It's a New Year!

It is time to say goodbye to 2015 and invite 2016 in.  I am not a fan of resolutions. They are promises that you make to yourself that you will break in a couple days to a couple weeks time.  ;-)  I think that a goal is a better way to do it.  By using a goal mindset, you can break down your plans into an easier way to achieve your goal.  Example- Resolution: Lose weight; Goal: Lose one pound a week.  See? You can have a better outcome in my opinion. Now if I would actually do this, right?

Now enough about that... Here are some things that I do every year.  I have been doing these for many years.  I am not going to say that it helps with anything but, hey I do this stuff anyhow!

::I like to completely clean my house and have all the laundry done before the new year arrives.  It's weird- I know.  I have been doing this since 1999/2000 when the whole Y2K thing was going on and I didn't want a messy house if things went bad.  Haha!   We would need clean clothes and dishes. Is it just me or when the electric goes off I want to clean??  We do a lot of running with Christmas and New Years and our house can get a bit on the messy side.  I found that I really liked bringing in the new year with a nice, clean and tidy house.  I have been doing it ever since.

::I buy a new calendar in December and right after Christmas, I transfer all the important info from the old one onto the new one. I list the birthdays and anniversaries and add the new births and wedding anniversaries.  I also add how old the person will be on their birthday if I know it. Sometimes it is hard to keep track of the younger kids!

::I will write 2016 on several checks so I don't mess the date up! 

::I start to take down our Christmas decorations on the first Monday into the new year; one section at a time with the Christmas tree coming down last.  Ryder and Jeremiah don't like it when they come down.  They love Christmas and hate to see the season come to an end.  I usually start with taking down the Christmas cards. It seems to be the easiest transition.

This is just a bit of what we do and a glimpse into our little home.  We will be starting back up with school on Monday also.  We had a nice break but now it's time to get back into our routine. 

I hope that you all have a blessed New Year! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts!