I haven't participated in the Hodgepodge for quite some time. Life has been busy and some of the questions lately have required more thinking than I was able to give! :-)
2. It's International Guitar Month...do you play? Does anyone in your family play? What's a song you especially like to hear played on the guitar or a favorite song featuring the guitar? I do not play the guitar but Madilynne, Ryder and Jeremiah all do. I do not have a favorite song to hear played on the guitar but I really like to hear the family playing together. It's beautiful.
3. What's your comfort food? I like fresh baked bread and spaghetti. Stand alone or together.
4. What's one activity or area of your life where you absolutely never procrastinate? Absolutely never those are strong words to a procrastinator! I have been thinking on this for quite some time and I can't think of one thing that I don't do at the last moment.
5. Who does the grocery shopping in your house? Does your local store bag the groceries for you or is it a do-it-yourself kind of place? Do you like someone packing your groceries? I do the grocery shopping for our family. It isn't a chore that I enjoy either. I shop at several different stores. My favorite store is Aldi and I bag my own groceries with Madilynne's help. We work very well together and have a system for bagging them. We think it is very effective! I do have to go to another store that bags the groceries for me in those junky plastic bags. It is okay but they only put two or three items per bag. I am not a fan of those bags because several years back we were carrying in the groceries and a bag broke. I had two jars of spaghetti sauce in that bag- both jars broke and was a mess to clean off the driveway! I started to take my own cloth bags to this store afterwards. The cashiers aren't very friendly to those bringing in cloth bags. Apparently it is more work for them to put the cloth bags on the turn table.... I wish that all stores would go to a bag it yourself system.
6. What's the coolest thing you've seen in nature? A black bear or a fox. However there are very few things seen in nature that I don't enjoy watching. This morning I heard a Ringneck Pheasant in our back yard by the swing set. He has been around a lot frequently. Last week he even visited our front porch.
EDITTED TO ADD PICTURES: SEVERAL HOURS AFTER I POSTED THIS THE PHEASANT VISITED OUR PORCH AGAIN. I GRABBED THE CAMERA THIS TIME! I TOOK THE PICTURES THROUGH THE WINDOW SO THEY AREN'T THE BEST BUT THESE BIRDS ARE BEAUTIFUL!
7. Share a favorite quote about home. Home is where the heart is.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I have a very simple thought today...It's chilly outside and I am having a cup of tea thinking "Spring can't come soon enough. I am tired of cold!"