Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Cat Sitting- Pumpkin

   Pumpkin is fast asleep by the laundry basket. He is a deep sleeper.

   Madilynne came downstairs and asked me if she could cat sit her best friend's kitty for awhile.  I quickly replied, "Yes" and threw her off guard.  She was armed with all kinds of reasons why she should be able to watch the kitty.  She didn't expect me to agree to it and definitely not a fast positive response.  We have dog sat for family members before but never had a cat.  Pumpkin has by far been the easiest to keep.  


His little paw is curled under! So cute!

   Pumpkin has adjusted to our house nicely.  I was pretty concerned about his adjustment because we have our own cat, and I was a bit leery that she may get territorial or something and go crazy on Pumpkin. Oh, they still keep their distance from each other but nothing has happened.  It's kind of funny to watch them side step around each other. 

Pumpkin washing his face!
   We set Pumpkin's belongings up in the playroom. He has his own space at night. We are able to keep the door closed and he has full range of that room at night.  I feel it is good to separate them at night.  Our cat can have her regular space at night and not be concerned that Pumpkin will invade her area and I don't want to wake up to cats "arguing"!  :-)  I open the door to the playroom as soon as I come downstairs in the morning but Pumpkin stays under the cook stove until he feels ready to face the day.

   I think we are spoiling him though. He has his pick of couches to sleep on, air conditioning and Madi even turns a night light on for him every evening.  The one night it was bright from the moon so I didn't think he needed the extra light. Ryder really likes the kitty and Jeremiah has a temporary lap cat since our kitty isn't really a good lap cat.  

  

5 comments:

  1. That is very kind of you to cat sit. I am also happy both cats are getting along so well! Our latest adoption cat had a bit of a rough go with our Oreo but now they get along just grand. Pumpkin is rather beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids are hoping that things go well between the cats because they really want another cat. Jeremiah isn't opposed to another kitty and honestly I am not either but I really don't want to upset the balance with our cat. She is 9 years old, I think, and I want to keep things peaceful for her and not cause her distress. I guess we will have to wait and see!! LOL

      Delete
    2. I understand how you feel. Never know what God has planned. My son has Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches as pets! So cats are good. Ha Ha Ha

      Delete
  2. That is one spoiled kitty :)Glad he's having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that last picture where it appears he's propping his head up. :) Glad both cats seem to be getting along.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts!