1. If you could sit beside and/or jump in any lake in the whole wide world today, which lake would you choose and why? I would go to a local lake. I just wrote about this yesterday! Here is a link to that post! I have pictures included so you can see how beautiful it is against the mountains.
2. What's your favorite 'fruity' drink? Most anything "strawberry"! I really like strawberry flavored drinks. I did have an apple flavored iced tea last fall at a local restaurant it was delicious but I will stick with strawberry drinks. Oh wait...I did have a blueberry flavored soda at a quaint restaurant and it was beyond delicious!! I have a post on that also. It's so hard to decide! HaHa!
3. I read a list here of thirteen things to do right now to simplify your life. They were-
clean as you go, re-evaluate your relationships (cut toxic ties), unsubscribe (too many blogs and websites), de-clutter, write down your daily goals, reply to emails right away, forget multitasking, create a morning routine, re-evaluate your commitments (which hobbies and responsibilities are most important to you), say no, clean up your computer, and plan your day ahead
Which of the tasks listed do you currently find most helpful in keeping life simple? Which item on the list should you adopt in order to simplify your life this month?
Helpful: clean as you go, re-evaluate your relationships, de-clutter, forget multitasking, create a morning routine, say no,
Should adopt: unsubscribe, reply to emails right away
Now my thoughts... I try to clean as I go but it doesn't always work out.
I have re-evaluated my relationships and I have a close circle of friends in whom I find encouraging and freeing. These friends allow me to be myself and accept me for who I am.
De-clutter, that is hard for me but I try to work at it regularly.
I do not multitask much anymore. I concentrate on one thing before going on to the next. It works out so much better for me as I am forgetful.
I have a morning routine that works for me right now. I have to be flexible with it as different days have different schedules but I have found what works for me.
Say no. I am getting good at that now. I used to be a people pleaser and took on way too much.
I need to unsubscribe to some websites but I just don't do it. I really can't explain why. I have ditched some sites that wore me down mentally. I can overlook some ideas because we are all different but I felt that several sites just didn't come in close to my ideas and found myself thinking that the ladies who wrote those sites were idiots so instead of thinking bad about them, I unsubscribed. Problem solved. No more negative thoughts...
I am NOT good at replying to emails right away. I will if it is necessary but some I need to think about prior to forming the email and some just go unanswered. I was better at this years ago but I have somehow let go of quick responses. It would do me good to get better at this.
4. What did you do the summer after you graduated from high school? I got a job and worked through college.
5. Are you a fan of podcasts? If so what's a favorite? I am probably the only person out there who hasn't listened to a podcast. I honestly don't think it would be all that great for me. I don't concentrate enough to listen to one.
6. Do you think today's fathers have it harder, easier, or just different than fathers in the past? I believe it to be- just different. Men are men regardless of time period. I think that they want to do the best they can to provide for their family and it doesn't matter what year they were born in. Each time period has its own set of challenges and I think that good fathers really do try their best and make the most out of every possibility for their families.
7. Tell us one way you're like your father? Or not at all like your father if that's easier? I like country living and so does my dad. It's nice to go and sit on the front porch and look out and see the lush green fields and wooded areas all around us.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Last week I mentioned our cucumber plants in hanging baskets and several asked that I keep you up to date. I think that they are doing really well. I am pleased so far and think that if it keeps working out like this we will do it again next year!