Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Color My Walk

 
Summer evenings make for the best time to take a walk. The sun is sitting low in the sky and we usually have a breeze of some sort.
 
 
We went for a walk on Sunday and I thought that it would be fun to take pictures of the flowers that are right beside the road.  This is one of the perks of living on a country road!
 
 
I am having a bit of trouble getting all the pictures I took to download so these pictures will have to do. I also wanted to make them a bit larger but they are coming out blurry! Ack! Oh well, I can't win all the time. :-)
 
 
I personally think that daisies are a "happy" flower. We don't seem to have as many daisies this year.  Last year it appeared that we had more of the perky flower along the road.

 
I was happy at the variety of color. Tiger lilies were in several different groups along the road.
 
 
There were a lot of these bright yellow blossoms along the road.  They were scattered and not in big bunches but it made for a nice splash of color for our walk.
 
Ryder found several patches of wild strawberries along the fields that he stopped and picked.  Wild strawberries are very small in size- about the size of a pea- but they are very sweet. 

6 comments:

  1. I love wild strawberries!

    Lovely splashes of color, thanks for sharing a glimpse of your walk with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The daisy is my favorite flower! The strawberries sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The strawberries were still warm from the sun! They were so good! :-)

      Delete
  3. Isn't it amazing what God has for us when we allow these special moments. Walks are great for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are also a great time to just catch up with the kids. They aren't distracted by anything but the beauty around us.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts!