Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. I read here a list of 13 things you should do in June. I'm paraphrasing a little but basically...

Go on a road trip with your best friend, pick fresh strawberries, host a garden party, take a morning run, treat yourself to a flower bouquet, spend a whole day hiking, discover a new coffee shop, try a new ice cream flavor, read at least one book, visit a Farmer's Market, make a swing for your home, and visit a new city. 

Which thing on the list do you most want to do? Of the activities mentioned, which one holds the least appeal? How many on the list will you attempt in June? What's one thing you'd add to the list?  I would most like to pick strawberries.  It is one of my favorite berries.  Jeremiah (I am a terrible gardener) had a lovely strawberry patch for us for many years but these past two years have taken a toll on it.  It hasn't produced many at all. 
Least likely to do- take a morning run is almost tied with spend a whole day hiking....
Will attempt in June: read at least one book and visit a Farmer's Market
Add to the list: Attend our homeschool graduation and end of the year picnic.

2. What's something you could do today to feel more peaceful?  Drink more tea!  Actually I start my day with Bible reading and prayer so my day has a peaceful beginning.
 
3. June 7th is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day. Are you a fan? Swiss mocha, rocky road, chocolate chocolate chip, peanut butter and chocolate, or a dish of plain chocolate...what's your pleasure?   This is easy...I don't care much for ice cream no matter what the flavor is. The only ice cream that I will eat occasionally is vanilla.
 
4. If you came with a warning what would it say?  Not a happy camper when hungry or hot!
 
5.What's the most interesting website you've visited in the last week?  Well unfortunately, for this question, I haven't had much time to surf the web this week or spend much time on the computer so I don't have anything to put here.
 
6. Spring, summer, autumn, winter...which season are you? Why? I guess summer because it is warm and I always seem to be warm.
 
7. "You lose sight of things...and when you travel, everything balances out." ~Daranna Gidel

Would you agree with that sentiment? Explain why or why not.  
I think it depends on where you are traveling and what your level of contentment is.  This seems to be a "worldly" quote to me.  A "keeping up with the Joneses" type of statement; if you will. If you are always in a competition for bigger and better then this statement would be beneficial to you. 
 
8. Insert your own random thought here.  Madilynne, Ryder and I went to a local greenhouse Monday to get some cucumber plants that my mom had told me about.  I got two plants.  They planted cucumber plants in a hanging basket and the vines hang down and produce nice cucumbers.  They aren't huge in size (about 5-6" long and 1" in diameter) but we don't eat a lot of them so what these plants will produce will be wonderful for us. Has anyone ever heard of doing this before?  I think it is a neat idea.

5 comments:

  1. I'm a big tea drinker, too...mostly hot tea, which doesn't bode well in the summer, of course. I do love Chick Fil-A sweet iced tea! No, I've never heard of growing cucumbers like that, but I am intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost said my warning should be Keep away if hungry or tired : ) Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big ice-cream person either.

    Looking forward to hearing more about your potted cucumbers as the summer progresses. I'm trying to envision how our front porch would look multiple pots of hanging cucumbers. I'm thinking I'd take better care of them than I did my hapless flower I had last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep us informed about your potted cucumbers. I read somewhere that cucumbers are so healthy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts!